Your legs take you where you want to go in life – like down the aisle.
Wedding season is in full swing. Planning a wedding is an exciting time for couples, but it can also be stressful. If you are one of the 40 million men and women in the U.S. suffering from varicose veins, you don’t need to add uncomfortable varicose veins to your wedding planning mix.
Varicose veins are not merely noticeable and unattractive, they can cause leg swelling and achy, itchy or burning sensations, even considerable pain. The good news is that not all varicose veins require treatment.
If you are experiencing any symptoms, there are things you can do to help minimize the discomfort.
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Wearing high heels for prolonged periods
- Wearing tight clothing that can restrict your blood flow
- Elevate your legs above your heart, when possible
- Exercise and eat right to maintain a healthy weight
- Wear loose fitting clothing
- Drink plenty of water
- Get up and move to improve circulation
- Wear compression stockings
Make sure to add “take care of my varicose veins” to your wedding planning list of to-dos.
If you continue to experience symptoms, contact Northern Illinois Vein Clinic for a complimentary vein screening. Our vein screenings use state-of-the-art technology and are an important first step in identifying unhealthy veins and determining the best possible treatment.
The experts at Northern Illinois Vein Clinic in Rockford offer a variety of innovative treatment options with minimal downtime and discomfort. Schedule a free vein screening today so you can enjoy your wedding day without leg pain or discomfort! Call us at 779-207-3771 or schedule your appointment online.