What You Can Do
As stated in a US News Health Article, there are several helpful tips which can help prevent varicose veins:
The U.S. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute suggests these varicose vein prevention tips:
- Do not stand or sit for long periods without interruption.
- Don’t cross your legs while seated.
- Elevate your legs when sitting or lying down, keeping them raised above your heart.
- Get plenty of regular physical activity, strengthening the muscles in your legs.
- Lose any extra weight to help improve blood flow.
- Do not wear tight clothes, especially those that are constricting around the waist, groin or thighs.
- If your doctor says it’s a good idea, wear compression hose to help keep blood from pooling.
Varicose Vein Specialists in Rockford, IL
Dr. Gilvydis and his staff are experienced in the field of vascular health, and welcome your questions or concerns. We have improved the lives of many patients in Rockford, IL. If you think you may be suffering from varicose veins, don’t hesitate to schedule your FREE screening today!