Can You Prevent Varicose Veins?
The appearance of varicose veins, or visibly risen veins often found in feet and legs, is a widespread disorder seen in many adults across America. Though it is a condition that affects limbs, varicose veins can actually come from a multitude of different reasons.
Notice signs of varicose veins in Illinois?
Varicose veins are common, stemming from numerous conditions, causes blood pressure and circulation issues. This occurrence leaves the heart unable to adequately pump blood from the engorged vein where it then begins to accumulate and create other uncomfortable symptoms. Varicose veins can most often affect pregnant women, the elderly, and those who have jobs that require long durations of standing or sitting. Here are some ways to relieve the painful side effects of varicose veins while waiting to be seen by a professional;
- Keeping a regular exercise routine isn’t just for physical appearances, it also keeps veins open and healthy. Exercise promotes circulation and a healthy heart that can continue to pump blood even when stationary for long durations of time.
- For those with jobs requiring extensive sitting, stretching the legs whenever possible is a great way to prevent stress and build-up in the veins from lack of movement.
- Compression socks or stockings are a great solution to temporarily relieve pain associated with varicose veins and minimize their appearance. These garments are also easy to find in many stores.
- While compression socks can help reduce varicose veins, other tight clothing, especially pants or shorts, can hinder blood flood and worsen the already existing condition. Instead, people suffering from varicose veins should try wearing more loose and flowing pants and shirts.
- A variety of foods are known to improve heart health and combat hypertension, aiding in the prevention of varicose veins. Eating a diet full of various greens, berries, garlic, and spices helps to increase beneficial vitamins and minerals while lowering sodium levels in the blood.
These options are good personal methods to help take care of current varicose vein problems and prevent future issues. However, they are not a replacement for the opinion and help of a trained professional. Just as there are numerous ways to help your condition at home, there are also trained professionals who diagnose specific vein problems and can help determine which method is the best for a permanent solution.
Varicose veins affect many and have uncomfortable symptoms, but they can be permanently treated by a professional quickly and effectively with minimal discomfort. If you are looking to resolve this issue that may be affecting you internally and externally, contact Northern Illinois Vein Clinic to set up your first consultation.